Groups are the treatment of choice for many issues and are the only long-term treatment option offered at the Counseling Center. Talking with other students who have had similar experiences provides support and perspective.
- A variety of groups are usually available throughout the semester. Check calendar for up to date group times and information.
- You can talk with your counselor or call the Counseling Center and ask to speak with the group facilitator, who is named in the group listing, to learn more about a group.
- For further information on groups you may want to read Orientation To Being In Group Counseling.
The following groups are currently offered at the Counseling Center:
- ACT- Mindfulness Group
- Family Patterns Group
- Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual, or Questioning Therapy Group
- Graduate Student Support Group
- Graduate Student Process Group
- Men's Process Group
- Sisters in Sharing
- Mood Management Group
- USO Group
- Women's General Therapy Group