During the Day (Normal Business Hours)
The Counseling Center provides emergency services during our normal business hours. To be seen for an emergency appointment, call our office 305-284-5511 or simply walk into the center. Be sure to inform the receptionist that you are requesting an emergency appointment and we will make every effort to respond to your situation as quickly as possible.
Evenings and Weekends
In an immediate emergency, CALL 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. Otherwise, choose the option that best suits your needs:
- Counseling Center After Hours Line. If you (or a friend) are experiencing distress and need someone to talk with in the middle of the night or on the weekend, please call the Counseling Center’s main number, press1 and you will be immediately connected to a licensed therapist. This service cannot change or schedule appointments. The after-hours crisis counselor is available when the Counseling Center is closed.
- University of Miami Police Department. UMPD is a professional law enforcement agency that actively works to maximize the quality of life on the Coral Gables campus. Please visit their website for more information.
- Department of Housing and Residential Life. The Residence Life team is available to help. Please visit their website for more information.
- SART Hotline. The Sexual Assault Resource Team provides a 24/7 anonymous hotline for UM students who may have experienced a sexual assault recently or in the past and are seeking information or support around these issues. The hotline is administered by the UM Counseling Center. Please visit the website for more information.
- Switchboard of Miami - A local 24hr hotline that assists in suicide prevention as well as information and referrals to health, social, and human services. Please visit their website for more information.
- ULifeline - A nationwide 24hr service that forwards your call to the nearest crisis hotline.
- Canes Care for Canes
Canes Care for Canes is a campus-wide action-oriented initiative that promotes the ideal of a caring and responsible community where students respect and support one another, especially if one is encountering difficulties or challenges and needs assistance.
Report a concern here. Reports may be done anonymously.